Translations English > Catalan/Spanish and Catalan> Spanish or viceversa. Specialized in translations related to education, tourism and the world of business. Literary translation.
A proper written text with no mistakes is essential to give a good image. Not only spelling and grammar mistakes must be corrected, but also the text needs to be coherent, well structured, clear and optimal for its audience.
Creation of content for websites, blogs, magazines and other online and offline publications.
English, Spanish and Catalan lessons. Preparation for official titles. Seminars related to the world of language teaching. Writing courses.
Berta Creus Cuadras
When I was a child I played with the dictionaries; reading and writing have chased me since then. TAll of this led me to the world of translation and language teaching. What I like the most about translating is the fact that you are constantly learning.
• Winner of the 52nd edition of the literary contest of Cassà de la Selva with I se’n va anar a buscar ganxets.
• 3r position in the literary competition of the Legends Festival in Sant Martí de Tous with El músic malastruc.
• Finalist in the short stories award El Basar by Montcada Ràdio and publication of my story: Serioja surt al carrer.
• Winner in the writing contest by La Vila (UAB) with El banc de la Vila.
• 2nd position in the Award for Tourism Entrepeneurs by CETT Barcelona.
Studies & experience
Degree in Translation and Interpreting in English and Russian.
Postdegree in Entrepeneurship.
Course on literary translation and other courses related to literature.
- 4 years of experience as a translator and proofreader.
- 15 years of experience in English as a foreign language teaching, for children, teens and adults, in companies, schools, centers and private groups.
- 8 years of experience in Catalan teaching, both basic and advanced levels.
- Experience in the touristic sector (foundation of own company, job in a travel and events business, collaboration in national leisure projects).
English, Spanish Catalan
Intermediate level of German and Russian
Office IT – Office, OpenOffice
Translation- Deja Vu, Trados, CatsCradle
Edition- Photoshop, InDesign
CMS – WordPress (+ WooCommerce)
Online management- Kanbanflow, MailChimp, Mailerlite, Hootsuite
Literary translation course, stays abroad, experience in research and localization, experience in public speaking, good organization and management skills, highly responsible, fast replies.