Translations English > Catalan/Spanish and Catalan> Spanish or viceversa. Specialized in translations related to education, tourism and the world of business. Literary translation.
A proper written text with no mistakes is essential to give a good image. Not only spelling and grammar mistakes must be corrected, but also the text needs to be coherent, well structured, clear and optimal for its audience.
Creation of content for websites, blogs, magazines and other online and offline publications.
English, Spanish and Catalan lessons. Preparation for official titles. Seminars related to the world of language teaching. Writing courses.
Berta Creus Cuadras
Since I was little I feel passion for languages and literature. Writing and reading are my life and this brought me to the world of translation and language teaching. I also like traveling and learning new things every day.
• 2nd position in the Award for Tourism Entrepeneurs by CETT Barcelona.
• Finalist in the short stories award El Basar by Montcada Ràdio and publication of my story: “Serioja surt al carrer”.
• Winner in the writing contest by La Vila (UAB) with “El banc de la Vila”.
Studies & experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Translation and Interpreting in English and Russian.
Postdegree in Entrepeneurship.
- 14 years of experience in English as a foreign language teaching, for children, teens and adults, in companies, schools, centers and private groups.
- 7 years of experience in Catalan teaching, both basic and advanced levels.
- 10 years of experience as a translator and proofreader.
- Experience in the touristic sector (foundation of own company, job in a travel and events business, collaboration in national leisure projects).
Catalan and Spanish – native
English – advanced
Russian – intermediate
German – studying B1
Office IT – Office, OpenOffice
Translation- Deja Vu, Trados, CatsCradle
Edition- Photoshop, InDesign
CMS – WordPress (+ WooCommerce)
Online management- Kanbanflow, MailChimp, Mailerlite, Hootsuite
Literary translation course, stays abroad, experience in research and localization, experience in public speaking, good organization and management skills, highly responsible, fast replies.